Satellite Controllers Team Leader Job Description
Satellite Controllers Team Leader - based near Helston in Cornwall (UK - Other)
Reference number: GPUK-SCO13-008
Avanti Communications sells satellite data communications services to telecoms companies which use them to supply enterprise, institutional and consumer users.
Avanti's first satellite, called HYLAS 1, launched in November 2010 and was the first superfast Ka-band satellite launched in Europe. Avanti's second satellite, called HYLAS 2, was launched in August 2012 and extends Avanti's coverage to Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East. HYLAS 3, due for launch in 2015, will provide further capacity in the EMEA region
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Grow the Satellite Controller team to support fleet operations;
- Assist in specification, selection, implementation, test and acceptance of operations tools for operations;
- Assist in preparing Satellite Control Facility for operations, to include integration and test of:
- Physical location;
- IT infrastructure;
- Control system;
- Develop controller team through training and mentoring;
- Line manage team, including setting objectives, performance management and arranging shift patterns;
- Liaise with heads of other operational teams as required;
- Provide on-call support and initiate internal escalation chain where appropriate;
- Take responsibility for managing routine monitoring, regular reporting, health status, the operations team;
- Take responsibility for ensuring correct ARB process is supported as required by Director of Satellite Operations;
- Suggest and implement future improvements to satellite operations;
- Work according to 24-hour shift pattern, as required.
Satellite Controllers Team Leader Job Requirements
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Physics, Maths or an appropriate engineering discipline;
- Significant proven operational satellite experience, preferably communications satellites at GEO;
- Experience with satellite simulators;
- Fluent in English;
- Ability to work independently and effectively;
- Significant proven personnel management skills;
- Ability to manage own workload and set team objectives and priorities, delegating as required;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coach and develop junior team members;
- Excellent project management and organisational skills;
- Excellent understanding of the procedural approach to operations;
- Fully literate with standard desktop tools;
- Self-motivated, flexible and dynamic;
- Significant proven related management experience.
Note Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.
No agencies please.
Satellite Controllers Team Leader Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below.
Please use "Qreer.com" as reference in your application.
Satellite Controllers Team Leader Summary
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years