Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites all over Flanders, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research. In addition, companies can work together with us in a custom innovation traject. Finally, we also offer an extensive range of testing and validation infrastructure for your products or production.
Our goal is to contribute to the technological development of the vehicles, machines and factories of the future. By doing so, we create added value for the manufacturing industry. Together we help companies innovate better and faster. In addition, we attach great importance to international cooperation in the field of innovation and to participation in European research projects.
Today Flanders Make counts 600 researchers who work full-time as a unique research community on a joint industrial research agenda.
We operate from our offices in Leuven, Lommel, Kortrijk and Sint-Truiden
Software research engineer for smart manufacturing Job Description
Manufacturing lines are becoming increasingly “smart”. For instance, machine configuration settings and operator instructions are automatically tuned based on quality measurement systems in order to reduce scrap rates or increase the production capacity. Flanders Make helps companies in creating proof-of-concept studies to support their transition to Industry 4.0.
You design Industry 4.0 software proof-of-concepts
To support innovation in the design process of real-life industrial manufacturing lines (e.g. manufacturing a compressor or a steel cord for tire reinforcement), you will:
- Work together in a research team that combines expertise in the development of software codes, modelling & simulation algorithms, concept design, system architecture, cloud and edge computing, big data architectures and digital twins ;
- Take the lead in conceiving new Industry 4.0 software architecture to bridge data connections.
- More concretely, you will:
- Create software prototypes that demonstrate the feasibility and value of smart manufacturing functions to manufacturing companies. To this end, you will smartly glue together cutting edge IIOT technologies (PAAS/SAAS/IAAS, databases, ETL solutions, container technology, data analysis, OPC/UA...);
- Support companies in the creation of future-proof software architectures enabling to integrate various new smart manufacturing systems;
- Research new methods to swiftly integrate manufacturing knowledge into AI applications and deal with specific constraints of the manufacturing industry such as high-mix, low-volume series for which only limited data sets are available;
- Actively follow up new developments (standards, protocols, technologies...) in the field of the Industrial Internet of Things, Data Science Technologies and industry 4.0;
- Trace and present industrial challenges and new research opportunities.
- Experienced researchers will also lead projects.
Software research engineer for smart manufacturing Job Requirements
Software Scientist, Software Architect or System Architect
- A Master’s degree in Informatics or Engineering (Computer Science, Mechatronics…);
- Min. 4 years of relevant experience in an academic (e.g. PhD) or industrial context (e.g. as a software architect or system architect);
- At least some hands-on experience with some of the state-of-the-art technologies used in the industrial internet of Things;
- Experience as a system or software architect and/or with model-based software designs is a plus.
You work on cutting edge tooling and methods for developing new technology
- Passionate about research and discovering new possibilities/technologies
- A good conceptual thinker
- Result-oriented, responsible, self-directing
- A team player
- A good communicator
- Eager to learn
Flanders Make offers you
- The opportunity to develop yourself within its network of leading industrial companies, universities and research institutes;
- An open-minded, flexible and challenging working environment;
- A warm atmosphere, first-class colleagues;
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
This video shows a testimonial of 2 colleagues working at Flanders Make.
Flanders Make colleagues work together on projects in Belgium from our sites in Kortrijk, Lommel and Leuven (flexible workplace policy).Flanders MakeFlanders Make
is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites in Kortrijk, Lommel
and Sint-Truiden, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research.
Our purpose: realising a top-level research network in Flanders that delivers full support to the innovation projects of manufacturing companies. In this way, we want to contribute to new products and production processes that help to realise the vehicles, machines and factories of the future.
Software research engineer for smart manufacturing Application Information
Please use the button below to apply using our quick application form. You may also go directly to http://jobs.flandersmake.be. Here you can fill in the online application form and upload a motivation letter and cv.
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Software research engineer for smart manufacturing Summary
Cloud computing / technology
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Software Scientist, Software Architect or System Architect, Architecture, Modelling, Computing
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next