Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites all over Flanders, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research. In addition, companies can work together with us in a custom innovation traject. Finally, we also offer an extensive range of testing and validation infrastructure for your products or production.
Our goal is to contribute to the technological development of the vehicles, machines and factories of the future. By doing so, we create added value for the manufacturing industry. Together we help companies innovate better and faster. In addition, we attach great importance to international cooperation in the field of innovation and to participation in European research projects.
Today Flanders Make counts 600 researchers who work full-time as a unique research community on a joint industrial research agenda.
We operate from our offices in Leuven, Lommel, Kortrijk and Sint-Truiden
As a Technical Project Manager, you steer the execution of industry-driven technology research projects. The purpose is to bring tomorrow’s possibilities of the Industry 4.0 technology, such as digitisation & ‘digital twins’, closer to the production reality in our manufacturing industry.
- Take the technical lead and encourage researchers with expertise in sensing, monitoring, control and decision-making to look for new solutions. Challenges include data acquisition, condition monitoring in industrial environments, sensor fusion, cloud connectivity, artificial intelligence (a/o machine learning)…
- Build a collective ambition for your projects with all stakeholders, i.e. the relevant user groups (Automotive and Machine Building Companies) and knowledge partners (Research Labs at Partner Universities);
- Strive for an excellent execution and lead the project team;
- Ensure that project results are both industrially relevant and scientifically excellent.
In infrastructure projects, your team also builds research infrastructure.
- A PhD or Master’s degree in a relevant technical domain;
- Teaming skills & coaching skills for researchers;
- Project management skills;
- A constructive and open management style (empathic and assertive communication);
- At least 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in an academic or industrial context;
- Proven expertise in modelling & virtualization;
- A strong link with one of the research domains of Flanders Make, e.g. Decision & Control (sensing, monitoring, control or decision-making).
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
> 15 years
|Job Location:||Leuven, Belgium|
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next