Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites all over Flanders, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research. In addition, companies can work together with us in a custom innovation traject. Finally, we also offer an extensive range of testing and validation infrastructure for your products or production.
Our goal is to contribute to the technological development of the vehicles, machines and factories of the future. By doing so, we create added value for the manufacturing industry. Together we help companies innovate better and faster. In addition, we attach great importance to international cooperation in the field of innovation and to participation in European research projects.
Today Flanders Make counts 600 researchers who work full-time as a unique research community on a joint industrial research agenda.
We operate from our offices in Leuven, Lommel, Kortrijk and Sint-Truiden
As an expert in robot programming or robot control, you:
- Work together in a research team combining expertise in software architectures, controls, sensing and layout of work cells;
- Work together with your team to address “assembly” challenges for real industry cases. The operator will be supported by cobots (KUKA LBR iiwa...), mobile robots (KUKA KMR iiwa...), two-armed robots (ABB Yumi…), logistic robots and AGVs (for transporting goods and pallets), etc.;
- Take the lead in developing the control system for these robots.
More concretely, you:
- Explore state-of-the-art collaborative robot applications and make proposals for their implementation in such a way that the industry benefits from them by improving current solutions in terms of flexibility, productivity and safety;
- Define and develop the online or real-time control strategy for robots and cobots (position control, force control, impedance control) and for component handling and gripping applications (suction cup, magnetic gripper, gripping hand…);
- Test and improve operational functionalities (sensors, software, control strategies…).
- A master’s or PhD degree in a relevant domain;
- Preferably 5 years of experience in research or industry;
- Reliable expertise in robot control;
- Experience in writing high-quality codes in C++ and Java and a good feel for Robot Programming;
- Affinity with simulations and modelling of robots (or production environments);
- A keen interest in machine assembly.
- Passionate about research and new technologies;
- Result-oriented, responsible, self-directing;
- Pro-active and taking initiative;
- Eager to learn.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
> 15 years
|Job Location:||Leuven, Belgium|
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next