ASIC / IC design flow (senior) support engineer Job Description
As an ASIC / IC design flow support engineer you will work in the Department of Microelectronics, part of the Faculty of EEMCS (Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science) of Delft University of Technology. The department is one of the top 20 in the world and is noted for its exciting and innovative research, often in collaboration with industrial partners. Current research areas are: (5G) communication, (car) radars, smart (bio) sensors, bioelectronics, and analogue / digital / mixed-signal (VLSI) circuits. These circuits are often implemented in the most advanced IC technology nodes.
In the role of an ASIC / IC design flow support engineer you will be actively supporting students and university staff from all over the world. You will help them with the implementation of state-of-the-art electronic circuits and systems as integrated circuits. Your contribution will be of great value.
As the design flow support engineer / specialist you will actively assist students and university staff. You will help them design, simulate, implement and verify/test analog, digital and mixed-signal integrated circuits. Moreover, you will:
- Plan and support the related IC tape-outs with all verification checks in a timely fashion.
- Support the design of (standard) IC cells: pad rings, ESD, digital I/O and buffers for various technology nodes.
- Install and support ASIC/IC design cell libraries and PDKs (for example TSMC, AMS, XFAB).
- Maintain good relations with various foundries and design centers (like IMEC), as well as with EDA tool suppliers (for instance Europractice).
- Assist in the test PCB design, packaging and wire bond assembly of the implemented ASICs / ICs.
In this job, an enthusiastic team and learn-on-the-job mentality applied in a diverse international setting is welcomed very much. In addition, your skills include:
- Proficiency in English in both written and oral communication.
- Experience with CAD tools such as Cadence (priority), Tanner, Mentor and Synopsys.
- Knowledge of operating systems, programming environments and (scripting) languages such as Unix, Matlab and Python.
- Experience with PCB-design.
- The ambition to train students to become experts in IC design and realization.
We would love to have you on board and be a part of our team. What’s in it for you? Delft University of Technology was recently mentioned in the MT/Sprout MT500 ranking. In the category 'universities and colleges', we came out as 'best employer' and 'performance excellence' winner. You will have a lot of freedom to perform your role and excellent facilities to work with. You will also get to work with inspiring colleagues and students. Challenge, change, impact is our motto. Your work will contribute directly to the ground-breaking research done at the Microelectronics Department!
Please feel free to apply or call us, even if you are not sure that you meet all requirements. We will be happy to consider your motivation and credentials to see if you might fit in our team.
ASIC / IC design flow (senior) support engineer Job Requirements
Conditions of employment
- BSc or (preferably) MSc degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Esperience with Cadence design and layout tools.
- Preferably (3 years) of experience in the physical design and verification of CMOS based semi- or full-custom integrated circuits (ASICs).
A salary (scale 10-11, depending on experience) according to the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities, plus 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- An excellent pension scheme via the ABP.
- The possibility to compile an individual employment package every year.
- Discounts with health insurers.
- Flexible working week.
- Every year, 232 leave hours (at 38 hours). You can also sell or buy additional leave hours via the individual choice budget.
- Plenty of opportunities for education, training and courses.
- Partially paid parental leave.
- Health Coach Program with a focus on healthy and energetic working.
- The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, discounts on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service (www.tudelft.nl/over-tu-delft/werken-bij-tu-delft/nederland-tu-delft/support-for-international-employees) and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation.
Delft University of Technology is built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation to address challenges in the areas of energy, climate, mobility, health and digital society. For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers, both in business and in a social context. At TU Delft we embrace diversity and aim to be as inclusive as possible (see our Code of Conduct on www.tudelft.nl/en/about-tu-delft/strategy/integrity-policy/tu-delft-code-of-conduct/
). Together, we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to have a positive impact on a global scale.
Challenge. Change. Impact!Department
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) brings together three disciplines - electrical engineering, mathematics and computer science. Combined, they reinforce each other and are the driving force behind the technology we use in our daily lives. Technology such as the electricity grid, which our faculty is helping to make future-proof. We are also working on a world in which humans and computers reinforce each other. We are mapping out disease processes using single cell data, and using mathematics to simulate gigantic ash plumes after a volcanic eruption. There is plenty of room here for ground-breaking research. We educate innovative engineers and have excellent labs and facilities that underline our strong international position. In total, more than 1,100 employees and 4,000 students work and study in this innovative environment.
to go to the website of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science.Additional information
For information about this vacacancy, you can contact Prof. Leo de Vreede, Chair ELCA, email: [email protected]
. tel.: +31 15 276187 or Prof. Wouter Serdijjn, Chair BE, [email protected]
, tel.: +31 15 2781715.
ASIC / IC design flow (senior) support engineer Application Information
For information about this vacacancy, you can contact Prof. Leo de Vreede, Chair ELCA, email: [email protected]. tel.: +31 15 276187 or Prof. Wouter Serdijjn, Chair BE, [email protected], tel.: +31 15 2781715.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply before September 15, 2022 via the application form on our website and upload your motivation and cv including two possible references.
- A pre-employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
ASIC / IC design flow (senior) support engineer Summary
Electronics / Components
PCB design / testing
2 - 5 years
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next