In 1998 we set out to break through the physical limits of education. Today, we are removing them completely. What’s the future of learning? With our tech-powered services, we are delivering education whenever, however, and wherever our students want to learn—tailored to their individual lives. It’s local, international, global, and always accessible.
We live to invent education services. Our Education-as-a-Service (EaaS) model enables learning on-demand, improves the economics, and creates life-changing opportunities for our students to grow and prosper. You can work on one service or across them all. Come help us write our next exciting chapter, shaping the future of education.
Lead Developer – AI Translation Job Description
Grow with us – Start your career at IU!
Be the first developer on a greenfield project aimed at achieving automatic generation of academic content in multiple languages by leveraging AI and machine translation at IU International University of Applied Sciences, the leading remote university in Germany.
Support our department at one of our locations in Germany or remotely across Europe starting immediately as a full-time Lead Developer – AI Translation (m/f/d).
- Grow and lead a development team.
- Have the space to experiment, assess existing systems in IU’s tech landscape and evaluate various technical approaches and services.
- Have a strong voice in the planning of high-performance, service-oriented, scalable architecture.
- Lead the technical development of translation services.
- Work with product owners, data scientists, UX experts and key users and contribute your own ideas.
Lead Developer – AI Translation Job Requirements
Our stack# Open to discussion.
- You know what it takes to grow and lead a productive development team.
- You're able to build services from scratch and dig into existing codebases.
- You know when's the right time to do some thorough planning, refactor for future benefits or start coding right away to test out an idea.
- Advantageous are additional skills like Frontend-Development and DevOps experience.
- Ideally you have worked on translation projects, especially with AI/machine translation beforehand.
Existing AI systems @ IU feature:
WE OFFER YOU
- Microservice Landscape based on FastAPI/Python
- connected to PostreSQL, MongoDB and OpenSearch
- communicating via RPC-APIs and Queues
- deployed to AWS and Azure
Shape your career: rapid growth opens many new opportunities for you. Tell us about your dream career and we will help you to realize it.
Work where you want …: Collaboration tools and video meetings make it possible: with us, the boundaries between here and there are blurring.
… and flexible time: We trust you and give you the greatest possible freedom to organize yourself.
You have the choice: You are free to choose your equipment. Because everyone has their own preferences when it comes to hardware.
Take your knowledge to a new level: Benefit from a 100% discount on tuition fees for an IU combined degree in the tech sector and many other free training courses. There is always something new to learn.
Get a good rest: we push ourselves every day to go above and beyond. But we also take the time to recharge our batteries: with 30 days of annual vacation for all employees.Join our AI Translation Team at Germany's largest university!
We are passionate, competitive, open to everything new. Our goal is to continue to excite students internationally (we’ve already surpassed 100 000 students!) and deliver them the most personalized learning experience in their native language.
Sounds like the perfect job for you? Then apply now! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact Lutz at [email protected]
Follow words with actions: We take our "Culture Of Everyone" very seriously and would like to take this opportunity to expressly point out that you are welcome to join us, regardless of your origin, religion, gender, age or sexual orientation. Even if you have a disability, our doors are wide open to you. We are looking forward to a diverse togetherness here at IU.
Wenn du dich für diese Stelle bewirbst, hast du die Möglichkeit, deinen bevorzugten Standort aus den folgenden anzugeben: Remote, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Erfurt, Frankfurt am Main, Hamburg, Köln, München, Stuttgart
Lead Developer – AI Translation Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Lead Developer – AI Translation Summary
2 - 5 years
||Bad Honnef, Germany
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next