Bioinformatician, Statistician or Data Scientist (f/m) Max-Planc Job Description
Max-Planck-Institut für Biologie des Alterns
- Developmental and Evolutionary Biology & Genetics
- Structural and Cell Biology
Stellenangebot vom 17.09.2015
The Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing was founded in 2008 for the purpose of understanding fundamental mechanisms of healthy ageing. It is part of a broad network of research institutions in the Cologne-Bonn area dedicated to research on ageing and age-related disease, constituting a vibrant and collaborative environment for research. Equipped with state-of-the-art technology and excellent core facilities, to which the successful candidate would have access, the institute provides outstanding research opportunities for its scientists. The Institute hosts employees from 23 nations, and will grow to 350 members in the new building.
The Bioinformatics Core Facility has an open position for a Bioinformatician, Statistician or Data Scientist (f/m).
Field of work
The Bioinformatics Core Facility is looking for a new member with a strong background in statistics and data analysis. The group supports all institute members with state-of-the-art computational biology tools and analysis. Our range of services includes:
- SaaS (Software as a Service)
- PaaS (Platform as a Service)
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service).
For the analysis of biological data, the core facility maintains itself up-to-date with continuously developing and emerging tools. Most of the work is done on the piping of data between software. We do this with a developer's mind, making sure all our work is readily applied to similar datasets.
The new member will have three main tasks: She or he will analyze biological data (mostly NGS), will be the reference statistician for Q&As and is responsable for implementation of statistical methods in the group.
Bioinformatician, Statistician or Data Scientist (f/m) Max-Planc Job Requirements
The ideal candidate should be able to solve this exercise as well as explain her/his implementation during an interview. She or he should
- have knowledge as a data-scientist, analyst, statistician or bioinformatician with a Ph.D. in related field
- have a strong passion for data analysis
- have a very good level of statistics
- be experienced in bash, R, and Python (Perl and/or C/C++ is a plus)
- have interest in answering biological questions (previous experience with biological data is a plus)
- be able to complete the exercise in
- be willing to reinvent her-/himself in order to solve new challenges
- be very good interpersonal skills
- be service and customer oriented
What we offer
- a highly dynamic international research atmosphere in one of Germany's biggest research societies
- in-house only HPC cluster with 28 nodes, 1150 CPUs, and 8,2 Tb RAM
- access to the Max Planck Computing & Data Facility
- dedicated systems administrator
- dedicated time for own research/development
Professional development: We highly encourage our members to take time and/or courses for further development. Both genders are equally encouraged to take parenting time.
The employment contract is based on contracts for the civil service (TVöD-Bund, Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst) and will initially be time limited.
Bioinformatician, Statistician or Data Scientist (f/m) Max-Planc Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Bioinformatician, Statistician or Data Scientist (f/m) Max-Planc Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years