Looking for a challenging position
in a dynamic internationally recognized organisation?
Join the ESRF, the European Synchrotron!
The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international research facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 21 countries and employs 600 staff.
Network Engineer Job Description
Within a team composed of 4 people, your missions are the following:
- investigate new technologies for increased security, performance, reliability and functionality of the network
- participate in the day to day activities of the team (installation of devices, user support, managing the network infrastructure)
- deliver the high-quality technical support required to ensure that critical network tasks and projects can be addressed at all times
The ESRF operates a large infrastructure made of about 500 switches dispatched all over the site. About 31,000 ports are offered, with 300 at 40Gbps and 3900 at 10Gbps. Ethernet switches are provided by Extreme Networks; the WiFi infrastructure by Cisco – 3 controllers and 260 access points; all UNIX servers running monitoring, supervision, proprietary applications are supplied by DELL and run Debian and KVM; the network also provides SSL Gateways from Cisco and stateful firewalls from Checkpoint.
Network Engineer Job Requirements
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher university degree (Master, MSc, DESS, Diplom, Diploma, Ingenieria Superior, Licenciatura, Laurea or equivalent) in Computer Engineering
- 2 to 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Significant skills in Network installation, supervision, monitoring and security
- Knowledge of Linux and high availability, and mastering of one or several scripting languages
- Good understanding of virtualization and authentication
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
- Team spirit and service-oriented attitude
The annual gross salary will be within the range 33 – 38k€ and additional allowances may apply.
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
Network Engineer Application Information
If you are interested in this position, please apply by September 28th 2016.
Network Engineer Summary
2 - 5 years