At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter, the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Technical Coordinator Neutrino Test Facility Job Description
Technical Coordinator Neutrino Test Facility in Neutrino Platform for Research and Computing Sector (RCS) Projects (RCS-PRJ) Innovation & Developpement (RCS-PRJ-ID).
As Technical Coordinator Neutrino Test Facility with a strong background on particle detectors research and development (R&D), and detector construction and operation you will join the CERN Neutrino Platform Project. The Neutrino Platform Project is CERN's undertaking to foster and contribute to fundamental research in neutrino physics at particle accelerators worldwide, as recommended by the 2013 European Strategy for Particle Physics. It includes the provision of a facility at CERN to allow the global community of neutrino experts to develop and prototype the next generation of neutrino detectors, and participation in the large neutrino experiments that will be carried out world-wide. The CERN Neutrino Platform is CERN's main contribution to a globally coordinated programme of neutrino research.
As an experienced Technical Coordinator Neutrino Test Facility, you will take a leading role in the development and production of large particle detector systems for Neutrino Platform Projects.
More specifically, this entails:
- Take a major role in the development and optimization of LAr TPC detectors; you will be involved in all stages of the project, from design, construction and initial characterisation to in depth characterisation at a charged particle beam.
- Contribute to system tests, integration and final qualification tests of detector systems before and after installation in the experiments.
- Work together with physicists and engineers on the integration of detector systems.
- Support, supervise and coordinate tasks in the above domains to ensure a smooth work environment in a wide community of collaborating institutes.
Technical Coordinator Neutrino Test Facility Job Requirements
Master's degree or PhD in the field of physics, with specialisation in particle detectors, or equivalent. Master's degree or PhD or equivalent relevant experience, in the field of scientific info
The experience required for this post is:
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Extensive experience in the design, assembly, QA and qualification of particle detectors.
- Demonstrated experience in system aspects and operation of large detector systems; experience on LAr TPCs R&D and their operation is an asset.
- Experience with modern detector electronic hardware and/or data acquisitions design and development desired.
- Software experience in simulations and event reconstruction algorithms would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience with coordination and supervisory roles in a multi-disciplinary team of physicists and engineers.
The language competencies required are:
- Detector design, construction, testing and operation.
- Detector assembly and integration: techniques, procedures and coordination.
- Liquid based particle detection technologies.
- Detector performance simulation and analysis.
- Application of instrumentation and measurement techniques: techniques to test and measure electronics, or to acquire data in electronic form.
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/ or official communications and to make oral presentations in both languages.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 05.10.2016.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.These functions require :
- A valid driving licence is required.
- Shift work, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Technical Coordinator Neutrino Test Facility Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Technical Coordinator Neutrino Test Facility Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Technical coordinator, design, software, testing, electronics, detector design,