ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - Software Design Engineer Job Description
As part of ASML's Software Factory Integration and Factory Automation group, you will develop and realize software solutions that are instrumental to have our lithographic machines operating very productive while maintaining nanometer accuracy. Since software is an integrating competency, it is an essential added value for ASML. You will be involved at all stages of the software development process; specifying, designing, testing and integrating the advanced software for use in our world-leading products.
The software engineer is responsible for
Context of the position
- creating clear specifications on requirements,
- making efficient design choices,
- implementing the design and verifying the implementation,
- providing effort estimates for the work at hand and identifying dependencies on others,
- scheduling activities within your team in an Agile context,
- documenting your work,
- qualifying by means of automated test cases.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the development of ASML products. Within this sector the department Machine Control & Infrastructure (MCI) is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the software of the complex lithographic machines. ASML creates high tech machines; software engineers from MCI are facing several aspects of motion control, production control, data management and Interface control. A huge code base is maintained and under strict configuration management to provide maximum commonality between different machine types.The specific position available concerns the extension of the external system interfaces exposed by the ASML TwinScan system. Ensure that the existing behavior of the system remains as is, while introducing new functionality is the key competence in this position. The software engineer works closely together with other software engineers to define the optimal solution for ASML. The software engineer owns one or more software components and defines improvements that can be taken along in projects when the opportunity arises.
ASML - Software Design Engineer Job Requirements
Bachelor or Master level with an education in Embedded Systems, Computer Science, Informatics, Mechatronics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or comparable.
- Demonstrable expertise in C, C++, object oriented programming.
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Solaris, Python and software configuration management ClearCase. Experienced in working in Agile team environment.
- At least 3 years' of experience in software development, preferably related to automated system interfaces.
- Experience in the high-tech industry and/or in factory automation has a preference.
- Experience with SECS, EDA and EDI or familiar experience in other industries is a plus.
- Pro-active, self-starter, decisive, takes ownership.
- Strong communicator with a pragmatic attitude.
- Real team player with quality orientation.
- Good knowledge of English.
ASML - Software Design Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
ASML - Software Design Engineer Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Software Interface, backward compatibility, software developer, software engineer, C/ C++, Unix/Linux, Solaris, Clearcase, configuration management, computer science, electrical engineering, SEMI, SECS, EDA, Agile/SCRUM