ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - Patent Searcher Job Description
Search, find, analyze and visualize all relevant information regarding patents and new technological developments.
You will be one of five Patent Searchers in the Search and Competitive Intelligence group at ASML's CIP department.
Your responsibilities are:
Context of the position
- Act as sparring partner for Patent Attorneys and other customers to identify which information need exists;
- Conduct searches (novelty, validity, clearance, collection, portfolio) and communicate findings in a complete and concise manner to customers;
- Gather patent publications and other literature in technical fields that may be relevant to ASML's technology;
- Become information specialist in such technical fields and maintain and further develop ASML's Patent Rights Alert System;
- Communicate with ASML's engineers about relevant technological developments within the semiconductor (equipment) industry.
ASML is one of the world's leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment. With 70 locations worldwide in 16 countries, ASML has an international presence in the semiconductor industry. Within ASML, the Corporate Intellectual Property (CIP) department is responsible for maximizing ASML's global intellectual property position to protect and support ASML's business.
In particular, the CIP department strives to preserve freedom to operate for ASML and to establish and maintain a portfolio of patent rights.At the CIP department, about 60 people work in four locations (Veldhoven in the Netherlands and Wilton, San Diego and Silicon Valley in the USA) to accomplish the above-stated mission.
ASML - Patent Searcher Job Requirements
MSc degree in technical science (preferably physics, mechatronics, electronics or similar).
- Patent professional with at least two years of experience as a patent searcher;
- Knowledge of semiconductor technology, specifically lithography, is considered an asset;
- Strong English language skills. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- Strong technical and analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Pro-active and customer-friendly mindset;
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing;
- Affinity with lingual and legal aspects.
To attract and retain the best people, we have a competitive employment conditions package, including
- Fixed 13th month;
- Attractive profit scheme (2016:16%)
- 27 holidays and 13 additional free days.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance. ASML Talent Exploration
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
ASML - Patent Searcher Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
ASML - Patent Searcher Summary
Micro / Nano Technology
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next