ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - Senior Application System Engineer Job Description
As Senior Application System Engineer, you will have two main tasks:
- Define and lead the execution of product improvements related to the on-product performance of wafers at our customers.
- Identify and define new products / new product features that improve on-product performance of our customers.
You will use customer and technology push/pull insights to influence the technology roadmap of ASML. Job Description
As Senior Application System Engineer, you lead the design and execution of product improvements related to critical functionalities and performance on actual product wafers at our customers.The resulting product improvement should be related to the introduction of a new technology node in production of the customer.
Your tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- You interact with ASML field marketing and account managers at our customers in order to select and define improvements of ASML products beneficial to our customer.
- You design, negotiate and validate the related product improvement and its application with the customer, agreeing on feasible specifications, constraints and criteria for success.
- Together with a dedicated project leader, you translate this proposal to a plan of action, and you lead the execution of this plan.
- You keep an overview of related pathfinding studies at customers and studies at the Advanced Patterning Center at imec
- You have regular alignment with Program and Product System Engineers to review the technological insights from the studies and to identify new product / product feature opportunities
- You support study and product teams in product feasibility phase of these new products / product features in a counselling role.
Your proposals for product improvements can cover a wide variety of solutions concerning process fingerprint root cause analysis, scanner setup and usage, choices in process control strategies, metrology mark choice and design, mask and wafer routing, and process optimization.
You spend about 50% of your time using your commercial and technological insights based on the different types of studies to identify and define future products and product features and to counsel study and product teams during product feasibilities Context of the position
The department of System Engineering is part of the Product and Technology sector of ASML and consists of about 100 employees. As Senior Application System Engineer, you work in a demanding multidisciplinary environment.
Your internal stakeholders are the higher development & engineering (D&E) management, group leaders responsible for resources, project leaders executing the implementation of the product improvement proposal, and fellow application system engineers.Depending on your experience and personal affinity, you are responsible for product improvements related to the overlay performance (pattern placement accuracy), focus and imaging, or a combination of those.
ASML - Senior Application System Engineer Job Requirements
Min. MSc degree in (Applied) Physics, (Applied) Mathematics or Mechanical Engineering is mandatory.You have a solid background in several of the following fields: semiconductor manufacturing and process technology, semiconductor device physics, data analysis, statistics, control theory and/or design of experiment.
You have a minimum of 7 years of experience within the semiconductor industry, preferably within photolithography.You combine in depth technical knowledge and experience in overseeing complex systems and product roadmaps.Fab experience is a strong plus.
You represent ASML as an expert in the field and are recognized as such by the customers. Since you are working intimately with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required.
Furthermore, you have developed the following skills:
- You act decisive and generate solutions effectively
- You are a fast learner and react adequately to new situations and changing demand
- You communicate pro-actively, motivating and convincing the relevant stakeholders of your vision and
- You possess strong analytical skills. You are able to zoom in and out, considering the big picture without neglecting critical details
- You are focused and very much result-oriented.
- You take responsibility for your actions and your opinions.
Travelling a few times per year to customers worldwide is to be expected. For more information about this role, please be free to contact Adriana Perca( Recruiter).
ASML - Senior Application System Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
ASML - Senior Application System Engineer Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next