ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - Physics Optical Design Engineer Job Description
To contribute to the development of leading edge sensor systems by designing, creating, integrating and testing, (sub-) systems within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
The Level Sensor group within the sensor department is responsible for delivering sensors to measure height features up to nanometer accuracy. This accuracy is necessary for achieving the required imaging and focus control of the ASML scanner products. The sensors consist of dedicated optics, pneumatics, electronics and software.
As a Physics Optical Design Engineer, you will be designing, creating, testing and integrating complex level sensor solutions within the boundaries defined by the system specifications, budgeted costs and planning.
- Design and verify optical solutions for continuously improving the level sensor performance;
- Design and verify the calibration and setup sequence of the level sensor;
- Design and verify the opto-mechanical tools required during install and setup of the level sensor;
- In order to verify your design, you design test plans and test set-up, and analyze, document and review the results with your stakeholders;
- Troubleshoot encountered problems or failures in a structural manner and drive towards the best solution;
- Set-up and maintain a technical interface with the ASML internal stakeholders, but also with suppliers and other external parties where needed.
ASML - Physics Optical Design Engineer Job Requirements
Technical University, PhD or MSc in physics or engineering.
- Solid background on design of experiments, data analysis and presentation;
- Proven experience or affinity with optics and semiconductor devices;
- Matlab or similar software tooling experience is a pre.
- Creative, takes the initiative, shows discipline and team spirit;
- Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view;
- In depth theoretical and experimental experience;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Apt communicator. Knows how to convey complex topics in an understandable fashion;
- Convincing and speaks up;
- Flexible and committed.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.What is working at ASML like?
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can't be processed.
ASML - Physics Optical Design Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
ASML - Physics Optical Design Engineer Summary
Micro / Nano Technology
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years