ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - Functional Cluster Architect - EUV Laser Light Generation Job Description
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering, integration and qualification of the ASML products. In this sector, departments with different competences specify, design, and qualify the various modules of the ASML products. Each department consists of discipline and/or function oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular competences or functions in ASML equipment. The D&E EUV Laser Light Creation and Performance department has emphasis on functional and system level specification, design and realization, qualification and integration activities that contribute to the EUV business line.
Context of the position
- Is the technical responsible for a Function as described in the System decomposition.
- Responsible for the system function roadmap creation, execution and sustaining. And if applicable the alignment with the lower level functions within the SF.
- Is responsible for the handshake between function feasibility studies and product development
- Defines which items become a building block and is the owner of all BB's belonging to the system function.
- Defines the technical/performance budgets for the system function and the functions being part of this system function.
- As system function owner, propose solutions (how) to meet the requirements (what) requested by the SE study leader (SFO can also be the PL for the study)
- Is responsible for the technical consistency of the Function and the technical Budget related to the interfaces to other FC's and the assigned Key System Functions, reporting to the System Function Architect in the architecture team
- Decomposes design with the mono architects to functional building blocks and the related interfaces
- Is responsible for the FC roadmap covering the Building Blocks within his FC
- Takes responsibility for field performance and issues of the BB's and the KSF
- Balances his budget within his FC, and escalates to the SFA beyond his FC scope
- In charge of key design choices determining system performance, costs and quality
As the Architect of a Functional Cluster you're in charge of the technology/module roadmap within the EUV cluster working closely together with best in class experts and professionals in the specific area CO2 lasers. The holder of this position reports to the Group Manager of the D&E - EUV Laser Light Generation group.
ASML - Functional Cluster Architect - EUV Laser Light Generation Job Requirements
Masters degree or PhD in a relevant discipline, such as Optics, Physics, Mechatronics, or (Opto)Mechanics.
- At least 8 years of experience in developing, integrating and testing complex multi disciplinary products.
- Solid theoretical and experimental experience in the discipline physics, optics/ optical performance , opto-mechanics or mechatronics
- Experience with working in a team of technical professionals around the globe is strongly favorable
- Experience with strongly innovative projects, driving technical content from your discipline and providing discipline specific inputs towards project plans
- Proven track record in dealing with and managing of key suppliers
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Motivated to work in a dynamical environment
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural setting.
- Ability to provide technical direction
- Ability to lead, motivate and convince a team of professional architects and designers.
- Entrepreneurship and initiative in a technically complex and very dynamic environment.
ASML - Functional Cluster Architect - EUV Laser Light Generation Application Information
ASML - Functional Cluster Architect - EUV Laser Light Generation Summary
0 - 2 years
||Optics, Physics, Mechatronics, (Opto)Mechanics, Projects, Research (R&D)
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next