Local Discipline Manager Mechanical (China) Job Description
Local Discipline Manager Mechanical (China) - Xiamen
Working as a Local Discipline Manager Mechanical at Huisman China means...
helping our local design and CAD teams to operate as effectively as possible! You are (indirectly) in charge of a group of about 60 engineers who work out the basic designs produced in the Netherlands in greater detail, and turn them into working drawings for the part of the production that is done in China. You supervise the department, ensuring that production is supported properly: drawing up lifting/installation plans, providing technical support to solve problems, providing feedback and developing standards based on production methods, and improving efficiency through good standards in both production and engineering. You take it a step further by polishing the people, the methods and the processes so that Huisman can continue to produce fantastic projects cost effectively with China as its production site!
“For the past two years, I have thoroughly enjoyed managing the local mechanical team. It has been a great adventure but now it's time to hand over the baton to you!”
– Matthys van Noorden
Local Discipline Manager Mechanical
What does the job entail?
As the Local Discipline Manager for the mechanical team, you are responsible for:
Your career path
- directly and indirectly managing all design and CAD engineers;
- hiring, developing and allocating local engineering capacity;
- monitoring the quality of the output;
- the continued development of existing engineering knowledge in close collaboration with Huisman the Netherlands;
- initiating and managing improvements and projects.
At Huisman, we like having people with ambition and giving these people the chance to develop and grow. You have worked abroad before or will use this expat period as a springboard to your next step. Countless opportunities in the market await you once you have experience as a Local Discipline Manager under your belt. Consider, for instance, a career as Technical Director, Engineering Manager or Global Discipline Manager. What do we have to offer you?
For whom is this the perfect job?
- an annual contract for 40 hours per week with an international company;
- a basic salary of up to € 105,000 gross per year with a financial growth prospect of up to € 119,000 gross per year excluding bonus, depending on experience and education;
- a very attractive expat package with various allowances on top of the basic salary. Huisman also pays for accommodation, health insurance (for the whole family) and school fees for children;
- pension scheme with a 3.6 % personal contribution;
- 29 leave days and the option to buy a maximum of 10 leave days per year.
For a technical expert with good management skills. You are used to supervising multi-national teams and have some previous experience with Chinese culture. You want your day to consist of more than just technical issues. You derive just as much satisfaction from other things, like hiring and coaching staff, conducting absenteeism and assessment interviews, providing input for tenders and producing progress reports for the various internal parties. You are not afraid of delegating, but you aim for democratic decision-making processes. We are also looking for:
- a graduate from a technical university with a degree in mechanical engineering;
- with at least 8 years experience in managing engineering teams in which various nationalities are represented;
- a bridge-builder who is a good communicator and is patient and helpful;
- experience with AutoCAD and/or Inventor (+ Windchill);
- good command of the English language, both orally and in writing.
Apply online via the 'Apply'
Local Discipline Manager Mechanical (China) Summary
CAE / CAD / CAA
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
> 15 years
|| Zhangzhou City, China
||Vacancy, Full-time, China, engineering, management
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next