TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts and accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction
Graduate Safety leader & Quality improvement Vehicle Logistics Job Description
Vehicle Logistics Group (VLG) is responsible for the distribution of globally produced vehicles (Japan, Europe & S-Africa) to our European retailers and the global export of European produced vehicles. These vehicles arrive from the different manufacturing plants to our strategically located hubs (Logistic Centers) where they are customized and inspected before delivery to our retailers.
The customisation activity is done in Zeebrugge (Belgium), Valenciennes (France), Malmoe, (Sweden), Sagunto (Spain), Kolin (Czech Republic), Derby (UK) and Portbury (UK).
Within VLG, you will be joining Operations Development Team. This team is responsible to develop the European Network, to ensure we perform safe operations, with the best quality, whilst improving efficiency of our workshop, yard and transport operations, with passion and dedication.
1.VLG Safety Management system
- Define and/or update VLG Safety Management System in line with Toyota Europe Safety Management System
- Train all Safety Leaders in VLG, and ensure training is deployed to all members in the workshop
- Define and/or update VLG Audit Management System
- Ensure regular Audits are performed in all hubs in Europe in line with the defined System
- Analyze gaps and define appropriate countermeasures
- Ensure countermeasures are implemented
3.Tackle VLG Workshop Safety accidents
- Ensure daily visualization of Safety status of all Logistics centers
- Grasp any Safety accident that occurs in our Logistic centers and immediately escalate to Management when they occur
- Ensure and support in depth each accident analysis
- Ensure countermeasures are defined and implemented in the concerned logistic center and yokoten to all the hubs in Europe.
4.Yearly Safety Strategy
- On a yearly basis, reflect on the Safety achievement of VLG, and propose a new Safety Strategy to your Management.
- Define the necessary yearly safety targets, closely monitor and support achievement
Graduate Safety leader & Quality improvement Vehicle Logistics Job Requirements
- University degree as Mechanical Engineer (5 years degree)
- Max. 18 months work experience in safety management / shop floor management
- Methodical with deep analytical thinking, based on 'go and see'.
- Passion for continuous improvement, able to accept challenges in a positive manner.
- Proven ability to steer teams for quick problem resolution
- Proven leadership across teams
- Have strong planning, coordination and organizing skills
- Result oriented, committed to achieve company targets.
- Self confident, with strong communication skills in an open and professional manner
- Able to discuss & communicate with many stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access
- Proficiency in English, any other European language is an asset
- Willing to travel 60% of time.
- Have a valid driving license for Europe
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.You have a Toyota DNA, this means you
- wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- enjoy working in a team in a very multicultural environment, respecting others
- have excellent communication skills
Graduate Safety leader & Quality improvement Vehicle Logistics Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Graduate Safety leader & Quality improvement Vehicle Logistics Summary
0 - 2 years
||Evere, Brussels, Belgium
|| VLG Safety Management System, Safety Audit, mobility, belgium, mechanical