At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter, the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
CAD and PLM Technical Engineer Job Description
Are you a mechanical CAD and PLM specialist familiar with CATIA who enjoys sharing ideas with others? Would you like to work with, and support, a wide range of experts from different fields? Then join CERN's Computer Aided Engineering Section and contribute your expertise in an exciting and challenging environment. CERN, take part!
You will join:
- The Engineering Department (EN) that provides engineering competences, infrastructure systems and technical coordination for the world's largest particle accelerator complex and its experimental facilities.
- The Accelerator Coordination and Engineering Group (ACE), which provides development and support for the Organization's engineering data, CAD systems and maintenance management tools. The group further provides project coordination for the accelerator complex, including layout management, integration, scheduling, work and safety coordination.
- The Computer Aided Engineering Section (CAE) section, responsible for providing the Organization with tools, support, training and methodology for engineering processes, including mechanical CAD and PLM, is responsible for providing mechanical CAD software and corresponding data management system plus dedicated tools for the CERN design and engineering community.
As a CAD and PLM Technical Engineer you will be a key member of the CAD Service team providing CERN's engineering design community with a wide range of applications in an integrated engineering data management environment.You will:
- Assist CAD and PLM users by providing support, disseminating best practices and resolving problems around the CAD and PLM tools. Typical application areas include CAD Data Management and CAD methodologies.
- Create and document guidelines and best practices and contribute to training the CAD user community.
- Collaborate with CERN's design offices to improve both the tools and services provided.
- Produce technical documentation as well as customize and participate in the development of applications provided.
- Contribute to the project of replacing SmarTeam with a new PDM/PLM tool for CERN's CAD data management.
CAD and PLM Technical Engineer Job Requirements
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent relevant experience in the field of mechanical engineering, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience of using mechanical CAD tools, in particular CATIA V5.
- Demonstrated experience with providing user support, as well as technical support and troubleshooting of applications.
- Demonstrated experience with PLM/PDM systems, knowledge of SmarTeam is an asset.
Eligibility and closing date:
- Production of 2D drawings and 3D models: using CATIA V5 and relevant standards.
- Capturing and analysis of requirements for ICT systems: pLM and CAD tools.
- Use of scientific and engineering software packages: product Lifecycle Management.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://careers.cern/content/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 05.09.2018.
CAD and PLM Technical Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
CAD and PLM Technical Engineer Summary
Micro / Nano Technology
CAE / CAD / CAA
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years