ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - IT - Sr. Project Portfolio Manager Operations & Infrastr Job Description
As senior Project Portfolio Manager you are responsible to fulfill new IT4IT demand forthcoming from IT O&I and IT Competence Centers. You deliver IT project and portfolio management and ensure that the Project Management Methodology is embedded to improve project execution and control. You provide reporting, structure, efficiency, standards and quality assurance across all projects, supported by the Project Management Office.
As Project Portfolio Manager you take senior ownership in complex projects that can have impact across ASML IT. You ensure that projects are well embedded at the project boundaries; take ownership for and have in depth understanding of key project content, critical path and project dependencies. You foster strong alignment between IT in general and all project stakeholders in specific.
You will lead based on overall vision and strategy for ASML and IT in specific and provide project guidance on governance and implementation strategy.
You will be responsible for new demand capture, project definition, project governance, project quality and execution, portfolio management and effective stakeholder management.
Your key focus is on implementing IT4IT solutions with a team of Project Managers, Architects, IT Specialists and External Service Providers. You will have to create and lead the team, while managing the overall project portfolio progress and financials.
Besides this you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Information Management IT4IT:
- Take care of demand management for the IT4IT portfolio in a timely and accurate manner;
- Setting and manage priorities within IT4IT portfolio budget;
- Initiate new projects and take care of the initial project governance;
- Manage the IT4IT portfolio financials (budgets & actuals).
- Create a coherent, consistent Project Initiation Document (PID) and Project Execution Strategy (PES) that brings together the need, the proposed solution, and the preliminary plan for scope, time and costs;
- Execute pro-active stakeholder management during the projects.
- Define clear and unambiguously the IN and OUT scope of the projects in terms of processes, deliverables, user groups, geographies, applications, data, etc.;
- Define client needs and, from this, the scope of the projects, in order to correctly and effectively determine specifications and allocate resources.
- Prepare/control project schedules that accurately reflects tasks, time estimates and resources (including personnel, technology and equipment) associated with each task;
- Identify and manage internal and external dependencies, as well as cross project deliverable.
- Prepare/validate project budgets, broken down by time period (phases), cost types (Capex, Opex), cost components (hardware, licenses etc.) and resources;
- Use project management systems and tools to control the budget and expenses.
Context of the position
- Understand the requirements and ensure that 'the product' will satisfy these;
- Measure project deliverables on quality and completeness regularly to ensure that the projects will satisfy the relevant quality standards.
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport', Europe's top tech hub.
A sub-department within the IT organization is the Competence Center Operations & Infrastructure (O&I). This Competence Center provides all IT support services. This includes generic IT infrastructure services like laptops and desktops, telecom services, network and datacenters for which we ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services.
We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML. As senior Project Portfolio Manager you report into Sr. Director IT Operations & Infrastructure.
ASML - IT - Sr. Project Portfolio Manager Operations & Infrastr Job Requirements
Master degree in field of IT or Technology
- Minimum of 10 years in Project/Program Management in complex high tech business and IT environment;
- Extensive experience in IT infrastructure and IT networks projects is a must;
- Sound knowledge of project management methodologies like PRINCE2, PMBOK;
- Experience with Scrum/Agile is a strong pre.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and directly. Listens actively, shows empathy in dealing with others and strives to achieve a shared understanding of own and others' tasks, issues and goals. Strong stakeholder focus and excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Takes responsibility and demonstrates ownership. Understands and consistently questions the status quo and analyzes existing processes for improvement based on knowledge and experience;
- Ability to formulate clear expectations and delegate tasks in a systematic way according to individual capacity, capabilities and potential;
- Manages criticism, shows convincing behavior and strong change management;
- Verbal and non-verbal communication transmitting a sense of urgency, to be on top and in control;
- Supports and advises middle and senior management to effect sustainable change in complex scenarios in large organizations;
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language.
To attract and retain the best people, we have a competitive employment conditions package, including
- Fixed 13th month;
- Attractive profit scheme (2016:16%)
- 27 holidays and 13 additional free days.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance. Talent Exploration
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
ASML - IT - Sr. Project Portfolio Manager Operations & Infrastr Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
ASML - IT - Sr. Project Portfolio Manager Operations & Infrastr Summary
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
> 15 years
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next