ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - DD DUV DE SPM and WT Industrialization Equipment Engineer Job Description
Stage Position Measurement (SPM) is the interferometry system that measures the position of both the wafer- and reticle stage.In general the equipment engineer SPM is responsible for ensuring that reliability, availability and operational cost of the interferometry system in new ASML products meet requirements.
He or she does so by means of co-design, integration, validation and introduction of new products and processes.Secondly, continuous improvement of the installed base with respect to operational requirements also falls under the responsibility of the equipment engineer.
Next to the generic Equipment Engineering responsibilities this specific position will have particular focus on Operational Excellence (OPEX) and upgrades of existing systems (e.g. SNEP).
In the ASML product life cycle, the engineer has the following responsibilities:
- Represent the operational sector in the co-design phase and make sure the operational requirements are implemented in the design.
- Take care for new product introduction towards field organization
- Take care for structural improvements and feedback on structural improvements towards development team.
- Review technical documentation of the multidisciplinary development team.
- Define documentation, spare parts and tooling for the global service organization.
- Be the expert in analysis of complex problems on-site
- Knowledge transfer from development to operational sectors and to local service organizations
- Minimize operational costs for volume products.
- Analyze global product performance and define requirements for co-design improvement.
Due to the added focus on OPEX and upgrades emphasis in the activities will lie with analysis of operational performance, definition of improvement proposals and preparation of upgrade packages.Context of the position
ASML supports the Semiconductor industry's ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips (IC's). ASML creates lithography systems that the Semiconductor Industry needs to achieve their goals. ASML can only achieve and accomplish its objectives with a strong support of its suppliers.D&E
The D&E sector amongst others is responsible for Industrialization and operational requirements of ASML's products. E.g. Reliability, Availability, Manufacturability, Serviceability (RAMS), Cycle time play a leading role in reducing operational costs by design and process improvements for volume products from inception through the programs and sectors, by developing and imposing companywide pro-active and reactive structural issue resolution processes.The holder of this position reports to the D&E Industrialization Group Leader.
ASML - DD DUV DE SPM and WT Industrialization Equipment Engineer Job Requirements
Bachelor or Master Degree in Physics, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other technical area.
Experience with interferometry systems is considered a benefit.
- Pro-active mindset. Plenty of initiative.
- Team player with excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Customer focus, analytical skills, flexible attitude and commitment are key for this role.
- Willingness for foreign travel.
ASML - DD DUV DE SPM and WT Industrialization Equipment Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
ASML - DD DUV DE SPM and WT Industrialization Equipment Engineer Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years