ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - Senior Supplier Engineer Job Description
As a Senior Supplier Engineer in the business line EUV D&E group Supplier Quality Engineering you will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary development environment.The Senior Supplier Engineer maintains and develops at an operational level the relation to the supplier with the purpose to create an optimal engineering collaboration between supplier and ASML.
Using your personal skills, you will work closely together with the supplier & ASML development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project plan. The main goal of this cross-sector activity is to secure an excellent quality of parts delivered by our suppliers.
Within the D&E project you are the primary responsible to ensure parts quality from our suppliers. Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytic thinking, political antenna and excellent people skills, you work closely with suppliers to build up an intimate knowledge of their IP and technological capabilities.
The main responsibilities are:
- Coordinating role with respect to all Supply Chain Engineering (SCE) activities (also including other SCE colleagues) within the allocated project.
- Early supplier involvement in the D&E project to secure that technology expertise of ASML and supplier are merged in the best way.
- Ensure that not only parts quality, however, also manufacturability and serviceability aspects are covered in the design phase.
- Document the D&E project collaboration, including supplier & ASML responsibilities and roles via a Statement of Work (SoW).
- New product introduction (NPI) and supplier selection.
- Deliverables that secure parts quality from suppliers in the ASML product generation process, such as:
- Acceptance of the design and/or specification
- Complete & detailed parts qualification process
- Acceptance of qualified parts
- Process flow and Process failure mode effect analysis
- First article inspection
- Define and maintain supplier interface processes, such as:
- Issue resolution
- Qualification deviation
- Configuration management
- ASML factory disturbances
- Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements, improvement actions, and participation in supplier audits.
The SCE is part of the D&E project team and, therefore, interfaces with project leaders, design engineers, architects, manufacturing & customer support engineers, logistics, procurement, etc.Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector BL EUV D&E is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification and trade-offs across sectors.The group Supplier Quality Engineering is responsible for the parts quality from our suppliers. The department supplies resources, means and methods and technology to ensure the part quality in all product phases.Depending on the supplier and project this position might require frequent travelling (multiple times per quarter).Direct reporting is done to the BL DE EUV Group Leader Supplier Quality Engineering.
ASML - Senior Supplier Engineer Job Requirements
Bachelor or Masters degree in physics / optics, mechatronics, mechanical engineering or related.
- Broad technical experience in high-tech industry with a focus on supplier management.
- > preferably 10 years of relevant work experience.
The following personal skills are crucial to a successful execution:
- Team leading experience
- Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority.
- Strong networker with good negotiating and team building skills
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions.
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive.
- Flexible, result driven and committed.
- Team player
- Process oriented
- Fluent in English
ASML - Senior Supplier Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
ASML - Senior Supplier Engineer Summary
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years