A challenging role with Vanderlande will help you to develop your career and satisfy your ambitions. We are the global leaders for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. Our systems are operational at more than 600 airports – including 14 of the world’s top 20 – the world’s leading parcel companies, and 12 of Europe’s top 20 e-commerce companies.
Established in 1949, Vanderlande employs more than 4,500 people in more than 100 countries, all committed to moving our customers’ businesses forward. Our unique capabilities include integrating hardware, software and services into tailor-made solutions. The result is a distinctive track record in innovation, reliability and partnership. Our global presence provides an unrivalled 100 site-based teams, who ensure that our customers enjoy an optimum level of performance, 24/7.
Through building strong relationships – as well as enjoying our work and a more varied social life – the focus at Vanderlande is on the freedom to express ourselves while being trusted to deliver on every level. This is one of the key criteria on which Vanderlande has been assessed to become the number one Best Employer in The Netherlands for 2016.
If you’re ambitious and would like your career path to lead you to the fast-moving world of Vanderlande, then please contact us to set these challenges in motion.
Vanderlande – challenges in motion
Controls Sales Engineer Job Description
Your challenge as a Controls Sales Engineer is to analyse customer requirements and to translate these into a controls solution with the right balance between technology and a competitive price.In your role, you translate the technical controls solution into a quotation with clear arguments and explanations towards the relevant stakeholders of the customer.
Furthermore, you are able to find the right solution for controls modification in the growing market of modifications within existing airports (brownfield projects).
Tasks and responsibilities
- Team-up with the sales engineer in pre-bid, bid and final closing phases.
- Organize all controls related deliverables throughout all sales phases including hand-over to the execution phase.
- Set up a controls architecture matching the customer demands and IT infrastructure.
- Identify opportunities for IT & Controls related projects.
- Contact for all controls related topics from EM, Power, Safety, PLC, SCADA, HLC and IT.
- Involve and lead the technical experts needed to develop the best controls solution fitting the conceptual designs.
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects in various sales phases.
The department you will be working in, focusses on the development of the Airports segment in the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and supports our other customer centres globally on the disciplines Sales Layout Engineering, Sales Engineering and Sales Consultancy. In order to accommodate a successful growth and to prepare for future readiness, we are looking for a Controls Sales Engineer to strengthen our team.
Controls Sales Engineer Job Requirements
- BSc/MSc or equivalent in a technical direction.
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in the field of technical sales.
- Track record and proven experience of integrated controls solutions is a must.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience in modifications of controls systems within existing airports (brownfield projects) is strongly preferred.
- Proven track record with customer interaction by the means of presenting, workshops is strongly preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language, verbal and in writing.
What we offer
- Problem solving ability / attitude.
- Good communicator, creative and driven to win.
- Pro-active, searching for information rather than waiting.
- You take ownership and responsibility for your projects.
In the position of Controls Sales Engineer you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. Our organisation has been named for several years in a row as ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development.
As well as your fixed salary, you will receive the following secondary benefits:
- 27 days’ vacation & 13 ADV (working hours reduction) days
- Flexible working hours
- Laptop / phone
- Training facilities
- Travel expenses
- Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare, car, WGA (Return to Work Scheme for the Partially Disabled) etc.
If this challenging profile appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading your CV and cover letter. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Tjalling Kraak – Senior Recruiter 0413 – 49 30 24.
Controls Sales Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Controls Sales Engineer Summary
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
||EM, Power, Safety, PLC, SCADA, HLC, IT, sales engineer, sales, engineer, software