Itron is a world-leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water. We provide comprehensive solutions that measure, manage and analyze energy and water. Our broad product portfolio includes electricity, gas, water and thermal energy measurement devices and control technology; communications systems; software; as well as managed and consulting services. With thousands of employees supporting more than 8,000 customers in over 100 countries, Itron applies knowledge and technology to better manage energy and water resources. Together, we can create a more resourceful world.
Senior Network Architect - CCIE Job Description
This position will provide design, consulting, and implementation services to Itron, Inc. As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will be 'taking the reins' on multiple networking projects. These projects may include designing of green field solutions, performing installations or network refreshes; conducting knowledge transfers; identifying and resolving application or environmental issues and supporting as tier 2 to the organization. You will be placed in our new Center of Excellence in Budapest and be working in a virtual global team. Your duties will be:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to team effort by delivering and developing technical solution; supporting proof-of-concept efforts; accomplishing related results as needed.
- Identify application or environmental issues.
- Provide Tier 2 technical support to clients and assist in system analysis.
- Identify any requirements by establishing personal rapport with persons in the position to provide solutions.
- Maintains quality service by following organizational standards.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications; attaining product certifications.
- Maintain equipment and systems by designing, implementing, and supporting end to end network infrastructure.
Senior Network Architect - CCIE Job Requirements
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- BSc or MSc
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in Network Engineering in a senior level or field position
- Cisco CCIE R/S
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP) as well as HSRP/VRRP. Multicast IPv4 and IPv6 knowledge.
- Hands-on experience and expertise designing L2/L3 solutions with Cisco Nexus 5xxx/7xxx/9xxx/22xx series and Catalyst 3750-X/3850-X.
- Hands-on experience and expertise with Cisco Catalyst Switches 6xxx, 5xxx, 4xxx, 3xxx, RSM; Cisco Routers 7x00, 4x00, 3600, 2600, 2500, 1900, 800;
- Experience implementing high bandwidth core server farms, and high-level knowledge of core server redundancy technologies and standards.
- Virtual networking knowledge with vSphere 5.x/6.x standard and distributed vSwitches and/or Cisco Nexus 1000V, Cisco ASR/CSR
- Fundamental SAN networking knowledge
- Networking to facilitate Cloud solutions, connectivity, security etc.(Azure)
- Ability to design and migrate from older multivendor environments
- Cisco ASA Firewalls and/or other vendor experience F5, Fortinet etc.
- Extensive networking industry experience in handling various switched and routed data networks & protocols in a multi-platform environment with high availability.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in preparing proposals, reports, presentations and documentation.
- Ability to verbally translate and articulate complex technical issues for the advocacy of non-technical users.
- Excellent English skills both verbal and written, other languages are advantageous
- Experience in Cisco APIC-EM
- Experience with Riverbed Steelhead WAN Optimization products * Experience with Cisco UCS or blade chassis design Experience with HP/Dell Blade Chassis
- Experience use and or configuring and sizing NMS such as SolarWinds
- Ability to perform wireless assessments, designs, and installations Aruba or Cisco
- Ability to implement, configure, and troubleshoot Cisco FirePOWER Next-Generation Firewall Services.
Senior Network Architect - CCIE Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Senior Network Architect - CCIE Summary
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
||Itron, software engineering, programming, Cisco, application, network engineering