ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - Senior Supplier Quality Development Engineer Job Description
As a Supplier Quality Development Engineer of New Product Introductions (NPI) your mission is to take the lead in a multidisciplinary team. From early supplier involvement until the product design and supplier process is mature enough to be released for volume your mission is to drive and secure quality performance between the supplier and the Development department of ASML.
Your main focus areas, when guiding the development of the design between development programs and suppliers, are:
- Introducing new parts with technologically challenging requirements to the supplier
- (Co-) developing suppliers in new aspects for production (e.g. process- and qualification techniques)
- Interpreting supplier technology and manufacturability capabilities and drive early supplier involvement into the ASML design project, meanwhile considering balance between cost and quality
- Professionalizing ASML outsourcing management by involvement in Strategic sourcing teams
All activities must be in line with the sector and business line targets.
Context of the position
- Early supplier involvement
- You participate in development projects in the early design phases to secure the manufacturability of the design and technology availability from suppliers and drive early supplier involvement.
- New Product Introduction
- Next to executing NPI deliverables at the suppliers (e.g. Manufacturing Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, Spec agreement,...) you support them with difficult manufacturing issues (e.g. yield and quality improvements). Also assuring within ASML a transfer to the volume supply chain department afterwards.
- Supplier Development
- You represent the Quality and Technological aspects within a multidisciplinary team that manages and controls the Quality, Logistic, Technology and Cost targets of a supplier. At the supplier you manage and challenge manufacturing processes to be efficient and foolproof by using Six Sigma tools (e.g. MSA, Capability analysis,..). Furthermore, you identify non-conformities through auditing and drive subsequent implementation plans in cooperation with the supplier.
Product Quality, a department within Environment Control & Infrastructure (EC&I), enables the EC&I department to meet industrialization requirements, deliver excellent solutions related to flow and thermal domain towards good product quality.In today's complex multi-tier supply chains, this is only possible by creating full transparency in the chains and flexibility at suppliers.
The Product Quality department is involved in over 60 suppliers, on top of that sometimes several tiers deep.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The job may require international travelling up to 30%.
- The employee has to be able to cope with strict deadlines.
ASML - Senior Supplier Quality Development Engineer Job Requirements
Bachelor or master degree in mechanics, mechatronics, applied physics or industrial engineering.
- 5-10 years relevant work experience in supply chain at company(s).
- Experience in High tech, low volume industries and/ or manufacturing is a pre
- Able to combine technical knowledge and supplier management
- Lean 6S experience (e.g. DMAIC, SPC, FMEA, 8D), Six Sigma Green- or Black Belt certification desired
- Being able to communicate effectively and decisive throughout different levels within the organization.
- Strong negotiation skills for interfacing with internal stakeholders and supply base.
- Going the extra mile to deliver high quality.
- A team player; being pro-active, supporting others in accomplishing goals, sharing knowledge.
ASML - Senior Supplier Quality Development Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
ASML - Senior Supplier Quality Development Engineer Summary
Sales / Communication
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
> 15 years