TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts and accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction
Graduate Engineer VPE Job Description
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
The Vehicle Performance Engineering division (VPE) is part of the R&D group at Toyota Motor Europe Technical Center in Zaventem, Belgium. Our division is in charge of:
- Identifying market and customer requirements and trends, and turning them into development targets for vehicles, their subsystems, and down to components
- Development of passenger vehicles for European market
- Researching state of the art and beyond state of the art technologies for implementation in future vehicles.
Inside VPE, the Reliability & Strength team fullfills this role for the Durability, Strength & Operational performance of:
- Body panels: Engine hood, Side doors and Luggage door
- Body functional parts developed in cooperation with our suppliers
The Reliability and Strength Team is looking for a motivated Engineering Graduate who shares our passion for cars and for developing even better performances for our customers.Your responsibilities:
Your primary responsibility will be the technical development of our parts; you will have to learn and understand all necessary requirements, processes, methods and tools.
You will be working with other evaluation groups, body designers, Toyota's Japanese office and external parties in order to:
- Grasp status of evolving requirements (customer driven and other)
- Translate these requirements into clear targets for new projects
- Predict, follow up implementation, and evaluate several performances and their impact to overall development process
- Work with testing labs to plan, organize and execute testing programs
- Propose, develop and implement new efficient methods of performance prediction and evaluation
- Participate in Work Groups and discussions defining future requirements and reflect to future activities
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Graduate Engineer VPE Job Requirements
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- You are fluent in English (verbal/written), additional European language skill is an asset
- You are a career starter (less than 18 months of experience excluding internships)
- Master in Engineering (mechanical, automotive, aerospace, material or similar)
- Specific competencies in CATIA, CAE, Matlab and data analysis tools are a strong asset
- You like both simulations and real-life hands-on tests
- Strong analytical problem solving skills reinforced by good common sense are a must
- You are a quick and eager learner with a flexible mind and good eye for details
- You are a team player with excellent communications skills inside a multicultural environment
- Good self-organization and time management
- Willing to travel and be open for training in Toyota headquarters in Japan
- wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
- have strong planning and organization skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
- have excellent communication skills
- have a creative mind, a passion for cars, and a dream to make a difference
Graduate Engineer VPE Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Graduate Engineer VPE Summary
0 - 2 years
||Vlaanderen, , Belgium
||Engineering, Technical develepment, CATIA, CAE, Matlab, data analysis