Eastman is a global specialty chemical company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Our market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables.
Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in approximately 100 countries and had 2015 revenues of approximately $9.6 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 15,000 people around the world.
New Business Development Manager Automotive Job Description
This is Eastman
Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2017 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,500 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
This is the role
The Specialty Plastics (SP) team is responsible for a wide range of copolyesters & cellulosic plastic materials. Copolyesters granulates under the brand names of Tritan, Eastar & Cellulosics known as Treva and Tenite have a wide range of applications in several markets including medical, consumer durables and packaging. SP offers strong Technical Service, Application Development, Marketing & Communications to enable success for New Business Development Manager.
The New Business Development Manager will identify new opportunities for Eastman Treva and Copolyester materials for Automotive.
Tasks & Responsibilities
This is what we offer
- Responsible for identifying and closing New Business opportunities with new customers and brand owners in Europe, mainly in Germany and France
- In pursuit of the targets for growth, identifies and prioritizes current customers and prospects, preparing a Territory Management Plan to organize face-to-face meetings with key contacts from which business opportunities and relationships are developed and maintained
- Work closely with Market Development and Automotive team to validate, but also create value propositions for target automotive application portfolio. This would include market insights, key competitive information regarding NBCA’s, secondary processes and other key opportunities to support EMN products.
- Support the automotive team by trade show participation in Europe
- Positions Eastman solutions by developing proposals designed to address unmet customer needs and delivers proposals to key economic buyers and influencers
- Works effectively with Eastman colleagues (Technical Service & Application Development, Marketing, Customer Service) ensure the smooth operation of the Specialty Plastics growth engine
- Works with our distributors and compounding partners on finding and closing new sales opportunities
Eastman Chemical is a Fortune 500 Specialty Chemicals Company committed to driving Commercial excellence and is heavily investing in its Commercial capabilities and infrastructure. Our spirit of innovation and collaboration along with our diversified business line creating challenges and opportunities for growth is what makes Eastman a great place to build a career. Here, you can find opportunities to grow professionally, competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, and a global work environment.
New Business Development Manager Automotive Job Requirements
- (Applied) University degree, preferably in polymers, science or engineering with strong business background
- Sales experience preferred with strong background in Automotive new business development
- Specific expertise in Engineering Plastics
- General working knowledge of engineering polymers used in injection molded articles
- Deep understanding of automotive industry from thermoplastic point of view
- Ability to identify and gain access to key influencers and decision-makers who specify and approve use of Eastman polymers
- Project management capability including the ability to identify and execute key steps necessary to get polymers specified for use in a variety of applications
- Ability to uncover all potential barriers to closure of new business and address those issues in order to close new business – i.e., can “close the deal”
- High level of motivation, initiative and urgency sense
- Flexible working is important to the role requiring effective use of information systems and remote communication tools while traveling.
- Languages – English is a must, other languages, especially German appreciated
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- About 60 % traveling is expected to meet and engage with existing and potential customers at all levels. Travel mainly in Central Europe, occasionally travel within whole Europe is expected.
- The position is home office based in Central Europe
New Business Development Manager Automotive Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
New Business Development Manager Automotive Summary
Polymers & Composites
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
||Sales Rep, Engineer, Business Development, Information Systems, Sales, Engineering, Technology, New Business
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next