Asking more from chemistry for 150 years.
Created in 1863, Solvay is a global company driven by proud and committed chemists. With our historical anchorage in Europe, our products serve diversified markets worldwide, from consumer goods to energy, with one main aim – to improve quality of life and customer performance.
The drive to achieve our aim has resulted in 90 percent of our revenue being generated from businesses that are among the top three global leaders in their field.
Why join Solvay ?
At Solvay, we invent, market, and engineer solutions by empowering people to explore what chemistry can do for a sustainable world.
Whether you see yourself in research, marketing or manufacturing, Solvay offers you a multinational environment and many career opportunities
Project Engineer Job Description
Solvay is the global leader in hydrogen peroxide, both in market share and technology. At the production site in Herten, deinfection agents based on peroxides as well as catalysts for the production of peroxides. The desinfection agents are mainly used in food packaging, pipeline, water treatment, and in the pharma industry. Peroxides as world leader of this technology develops innovative applications and processes for these market segments. At the production site in Linne-Herten, we are currently looking for a:
Project Engineer (m/f) in the chemical industry
- As Project Engineer you will be part of a small project team, closely working with external companies as well as internal departments such as the production team, technical department, and the site buyer to ensure the smooth implementation of a technical project
- You will be the project lead, which involves tasks in both project co-ordination and project engineering such as technical drawings (P&ID), technical documentation, quality checks of installations as well as tests of the new equipment in the production and required changes in the production software (DCS)
- You will take responsibility of the entire process in technical projects, starting from the development of the idea, over the planning and the evaluation of offers for technical equipment to the implementation into practice
- Beyond that, you arrange the participation to a safety study (HAZOP/ LOPA) to systematically analyze the cause-effects and hence ensure a safe environment at the site
Project Engineer Job Requirements
- University degree or HTS in electrical/mechatronics engineering, automation technology or similar
- You already have several years of experience as in managing technical projects within the process industry, such as chemical, petrochemical, pharma, steel or similar
- You have knowledge in mechanics, pneumatics, automation (programming and use of DCS / SPS-Systems) and can create technical drawings (P&ID)
- You speak Dutch and English fluently
- Joining Solvay you will work for the leader in this area
- We offer a thorough introduction and a challenging task with broad responsibilities and the possibility to influence the plant in its innovative development. You will work at a small plant, which works in tight collaboration with each other. At the same time, our engineers are part of large networks and have great development possibilities
- Solvay offers its employees an attractive salary package and all benefits of a major player in Chemicals
Project Engineer Application Information
Interested? Please apply via the 'Apply' button with below Job Number.
Contact: Mrs. Linda Hoesel: +49 511 857 2537, Job Number: GBU006771
Project Engineer Summary
2 - 5 years
||Vacancy, Full-Time, Herten, Engineer, Project Engineer, Electrical Engineering