At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter, the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Experienced Web Developer Job Description
Your key roles in the team:
- Analyse, design, implement, integrate, test & document new features;
- Provide support and maintenance on the Alfresco ECM platform and extensions;
- Build synergies and work with other developers across the group;
- Mentor junior developers;
- Participate in the process of maintaining and further improving the high standards of software engineering practices used within the team and the group;
- Stay up to date on latest software technology trends.
Experienced Web Developer Job Requirements
- Master's degree in the field of computing, computer science, software engineering, or equivalent.
- Proven experience in Java development with excellent knowledge of the JDKs 6 to 8 and extensive know-how in implementing solutions using industry standard open source frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate);
- Experience in implementing Enterprise search tools;
- Very good familiarity with the modern software development life cycle: unit testing, continuous integration, version control, debugging, documentation;
- The following experience would be a strong advantage:
- Experience in installing, configuring developing and deploying Alfresco (or equivalent) based solutions;
- Good knowledge on Alfresco architecture and its related products;
- Experience in configuration/customisation of Solr;
- Drools development experience;
- Working knowledge of SQL (preferably Oracle).
- Database/Repository design: SQL (Oracle RDBMS is a plus);
- Testing: use of automated testing and continuous integration tools;
- Application support: provide specialised 3rd line support to business specialists;
- Systems integration: integration and testing of components and/or subsystems and their interfaces;
- Technical Advice and Guidance: working with business specialists in the selection/evaluation of technical solutions.
- English spoken and written, with the ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports, and/or to make oral presentations. The ability to understand and speak French in professional contexts would be an advantage.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.Note on Employment Conditions
- We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Experienced Web Developer Application Information
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 15.08.2016.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'Apply' button below
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Experienced Web Developer Summary
Cloud computing / technology
Social Media Consultancy
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Geneva, , Switzerland
||Experienced, Web Developer, Design, Test, Java, JDK, Front-end, Application Development, SQL,