Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry, and is located in Leuven and Lommel, Belgium.
It combines the strengths of a team of application and system experts with the technological expertise of a range university labs that are an integral part of the Flanders Make network.
The mission of the centre is to strengthen the long-term international competitiveness of the Flemish manufacturing industry by performing industry-driven, pre-competitive, excellent research in the technological domains of mechatronics, product development methods and advanced manufacturing technologies.
This research will result in applications for machines, vehicles, vehicle components and high-tech production systems at the participating companies.
To achieve this mission, Flanders Make conducts industry-driven joint projects and contract research assignments in the following research programs:
- Clean Energy-efficient Motion Systems,
- Smart Monitoring Systems,
- Autonomous Systems,
- Intelligent Product Design Methods,
- Design & Manufacturing of Smart and Lightweight Structures,
- Additive Manufacturing for Serial Production,
- Manufacturing for High Precision Components,
- Agile & Human-centered Production & Robotics Systems.